Fall 2017 Annual Meeting of the Virginia Society of Pediatric Dentistry
“Mix’n in Richmond”
Mixed Dentition Orthodontics Seminar
Clinical Decisions Based on Science
Speaker: Gerry Samson, DDS
All dental specialists and their staff/team members are involved in clinical decisions based on science. We yield to that obligation. As professionals we strive to provide accurate information to parents and patients who present with occlusal relationships that, if left untreated, may lead to conditions that can be both unattractive, dysfunctional and become more severe.
The seminar will feature “selections from the following topics”:
- - What are the potential consequences of advising to not treat the anterior and/or posterior cross-bite and wait until all the permanent teeth are in occlusion and what is the best time to correct these problems?
- - How are clinical decisions made for extraction, non-extraction and the difficult “borderline” patients?
- - Which patients have the highest relapse potentials; what factors are responsible for the relapse and what can be done about the risk?
- - Prior to treatment, which specific orthodontic records and informed consent forms are needed?
Date: Saturday, October 21, 2017
Location: Hilton Downtown Richmond, 501 E. Broad St., Richmond, VA 23219 Map It!
CE Credits: 5 hours
- - Registration & Continental Breakfast: 8:30am
- - Morning Lecture: 9am – 12pm
- - Lunch and VSPD Business Meeting: 12 – 1pm
- - Afternoon Lecture: 1 – 3pm
- - Hosted Happy Hour: 3 – 4pm
- - Residents: Free
- - VSPD Member: $100
- - Non-VSPD Member: $200